Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I was born in Belarus. After I receive a Degree in Finance in Minsk (Belarus) I moved to London (UK) for Post Study. I spent in UK 5 years studying and working and then return back to Belarus. I have degree in Finance and Law, but don’t have any formal education in Filming.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
When I was in UK I went to Film Industry as a Background Artist (Extra). Slowly I got involved more and more in Filming Industry and finally I started do my own short films. In UK I found myself as a Filmmaker.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Social issues, globalization, governments conspiracy.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I try to tell stories that concern me, bother me. I want to share them with audience. In all my films I do all the parts in front of the camera and behind the camera by myself – “One-man band“.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use Canon 5D mk2. It gives me perfect image and flexibility.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
Future is for Digital Technologies as the Progress goes forward and doesn’t look back, but as for me I prefer the old school with films and negatives.
7. How do you finance your films?
I finance them myself and use the principal “If you have a boat, make a film about the boat. But if you don’t have one, don’t try to find one. Make the film about car that you have.”
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Mostly I work individually. It gives me more flexibility.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Ideas of “The Matrix” and “Fight Club” influence my films a lot.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
Share stories and ideas that concern me with the rest of the world via my short films and videos.