Dutch video artist
Interview – 10 questions
3 June 2022
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
contextual nartist – born enschede (1961) – self reliant wanderer
2. When, how and why started you filming?
1981 as student of rene coelho (founder of montevideo gallery amsterdam) and as a member of auto awac and sluik/kurpershoek (1982 -2000)
3.What kind of subjects have your videos/films?
subject: guilty travelling
4. How do you develop your videos/films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
whatever is suitable
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
shooting with a compact photo camera – editing with movie maker
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre videos/films in general and you personally?
7. How do you finance your films?
do not need finance
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have
experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
1982 2000 as a duo / 2000 onwards solo. solo
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
herenleed (dutch tv series early 70s)
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
no plans no dreams no future