Interview: 10 question
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I’m born and live in Debrecen (Hungary). I graduated as an Engineer and I‘m work as is. For filmmaking is only a leisure activity for me, so I have to learn everything by practice.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started filming in very early years with an old handycam, only for the joy me and my friends. After that I found some festivals where I tried myself more or less success. From that time I made wedding videos, films for tenders and festivals.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I’m a storyteller anything is come into my mind I try to realize it. So in that context I’m making fictions, but my main theme is the social contacts, peoples and the world around them.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
When I have a theme or an idea, I start to work on it as a project. (I’m an engineer.:) While I arrive to the starting of the real filmmaking everything gets clear. Of course after the idea, I make a synopsis for the film, but it’s real flexible.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
It’s variable for me. I have been work on films with old Hi8 cams, new digital handy cams like JVC Everio, and of course big JVC GY-HD101E, but my last film was a stop-motion video, that I made with Fujifilm S5800 (Photo camera).
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
and you personally?
New media is give the chance to everybody, so it’s a good thing for the spirited people to show ourselves, but as I see the chances are still not equal. I hope in the future more and more talented people will be discovered by this opportunity.
7. How do you finance your films?
I finance my films, but I try to get as many support/sponsors for my bigger ideas.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work both, but I rather like to make films with others, because other peoples thought inspire me for new ideas, and of course I don’t have to take my eyes on everything. If I have a strong vision the other ideas won’t change my mind.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I like the films of Terry Gilliam, Tim Burton, Jean-Pierre Jeunet. I read a lot and the books inspire me in many thing.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I have a small enterprise for filmmaking, I would like to build as big infrastructure for it, as I can, and after that, I would like to make a longer movie. Till that I’m still working on short films, and try to show my ideas for many themes.