Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
My name is Hermes Mangialardo and I’m 32. In 2001 I started my experiments with moving images and animation, after my Flash animation diploma at Politecnic design School in Milan (Italy).
2. When, how and why started you filming?
My first film was “line”, a motion graphics spot about environment. I started because there was an on-line contest.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
In this years I developed many themes, but I prefer to work with musicians, to create experimental videoclips.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Usually I use to do my animation in black and white style, with little coloured elements.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use Flash and 3D Studio Max for my films.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
7. How do you finance your films?
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Usually I work individually, but I developed my last works with a team. I prefer to work individually, but sometimes it is impossible.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I like the old style and vintage graphics and animations.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
To continue to work in videoclips production.