Pablo Fernandez Pujol
Interview: 10 Questions
1.Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I come from a family of artists, architects, painters, writers.. so I think it was the natural way for me to start making art very soon in my life. Then I studied in some art schools.
I love the movies since I was a child.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
My first experiment with the video was in 2003. I usually worked with painting or drawing. Today is my favorite medium to make and consume art.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I am interested in the experimental works in video and audio. I try to work in some places that’s are important for me in a kind of sense; places in where you can imagine the history and then you put your own vision for create the full work.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I have not any principles to work, and I am not interested in the style. I imagine histories in a place, and then I start the work. I prefer not to have all the control over the work; that´s more exciting.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use. What about digital technology?
I love all Kind of digital material for filming; but it´s too expensive. Now Im working with a reduced equipment.
6. How do you finance your films?
7. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
usually work alone
8. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
all kinds of movies. From classic films to the more experimental and rare
9. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I want to keep watching, learning and working
10.Can works of yours viewed online besides on VideoChannel? Where?