Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I finished the National University of Fine Arts from Bucharest, Romania.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started working with video in 2010. I always wanted to do film. Ever since I was 12 and I saw “Pulp fiction” and “A clockwork orange”. I said to myself: “God, I need to do this”.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Every day life, I am just a spectator of the world.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I do not think so.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use a Canon 550D camera for filming. I edit using Adobe Premiere CS 5.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
The digital invaded films ever since the’80s. Nonetheless, there are limits to the digital. It is, unfortunately, artificial. Thus, it lacks our undefinable and unpredictable spirit.
7. How do you finance your films?
My videos do not need much finance. Thus, I can do things on my own.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I preffer to work alone. I can focus better on what it is I want to get from the subject.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I really liked Wang Bing and Werner Herzog a lot. I cannot say that they influenced me, but I always wanted to be able to express myself through film like them.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I do not dream to much at night and this affects my planning during the day. All I can say is that I still have money to pay the rent and that hope I won’t die in a ditch, absolutely pennyless. I have no ideas of becoming famous. Being honest with myself is much more important.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF platform? Where?
Yes. On my website: http://djamo.weebly.com/