Rrose ® present
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I am formed in design and art. I graduated in fine arts and master in philosophy of contemporary art. I am interested in thinking and creating art in general.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I am formed in design and art. I graduated in fine arts and master in philosophy of contemporary art. I am interested in thinking and creating art in general. I’ve done design work and production for other artists (Eugenia Balcells, Javier Codesal). Currently I carry out some curatorial experience.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
The first videos were reflections on the human being inside. after reflection on the construction of our reality publicized. And now I mix issues discussed in philosophy of art using images to give my opinion on issues of the reception of art.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
my aesthetic criteria are based on the concept that I want to express. In some videos I used publicitaro popular language to be understood by everyone. In other language I used a “pre contemporary” to place the images in a certain timelessness to reflect the origins of some of the contemporary theories (Athur Danto and Marcel Duchamp) and commercialism of art theories.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
Currently the technological possibilities of art and movement are almost endless. Rapidly evolving with new mobile devices
7. How do you finance your films?
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Individual work, the language that allows me to thinking, and writing.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Me and historical reflection.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?