Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background.
Today my work consists mostly of video and photography. I like mixed media, that’s why I have big interest to try myself in this direction.
2. When, how and why you started filming?
I start from painting, then collage, and later – photography. Photo-shooting became a new form of self-expression, and the video has the same value today.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
They are about a man, space, a man in the landscape and the landscape in a man.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I try to create something whole, to create emotional experience of the individual, the condition of the landscape, day or a minute, hyper-clean, non-literary substance from image and sound.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I shoot with the digital camera. Then make video from photos.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
I have some problems with the aesthetics of HD video, and more specifically with the plastic picture, but generally I plan to solve this deficiency for myself in future.
7. How do you finance your films?
I am open to dialogue with investors.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
IN SILICO project, created by me, has fully lived up its name – it was attended by various musicians and artists. There was no constant team in a project for the flesh flux of ideas. I also worked individually. I am interested in both of these organisms with different pulses.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Tarkovsky, Paradjanov, Bergman, Derren, Vertov.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I plan to search for the new themes and forms for video and photography, and to create the full-length movie.