Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I live in Toruń, Poland, and I work as a teacher of English. I am currently pursuing a PhD in literature, to be more specific, I want to devote my thesis to the gender issues that are present in female SF writing.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started filming in 2008; the reason was simple- I needed videos to illustrate my music.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
There is no particular subject, actually… I am interested in absurd and grotesque associations, that is why I have certain predilection to juxtapositions. However, the truth is that I prefer to film inanimate objects rather than humans.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Well, I don‘t think so…although I try to pay some attention to framing and composition, because form is important for me…
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use obsolete and cheap digital camera, then I edit films in iMovie, simple application for Mac.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
Chances are undoubtedly great, it means that art is more accessible for everyone, especially for me as I do not possessed any skills in drawing or painting.
7. How do you finance your films?
I do not need to finance them as they are 0-budget productions.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Actually nobody as I am not an expert in video art. I am a big cinema lover, and I could enumerate the enormous amount of directors that I admire, nevertheless I doubt if they influence me in any way.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
To find time to make films.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF platform? Where?
List some links & resources