Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I was born in a small town and I come from a middle class family. I quit my studies at the university as a construction engineering in order to work on the things I love.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
Firstly I was painting, then I started animating my drawings and out of nowhere came my first animated movie. The excitement that I felt when I saw for the first time my images becoming alive is still the same after all these years.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I am interested in social and political themes.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Although I don’t follow certain principles, I could say that improvisation is fundamental element in my work.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use anything I can afford.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
Now it is much easier to create hi standard moving images spending less money than you would need at the past. This can only be a benefit to those who create moving images including myself. Although this is also a reason that moving images art tend to formalism and lack of substance.
7. How do you finance your films?
Mostly by doing other jobs.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Sometimes as individual, some times in a team, depending on the project.
Working in a team you can achieve larger scale projects with better results.
Working as individual you can preserve an autonomy that gives you more freedom to express your ideas.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
All these artists that they have been unconventional in their creation and their lives.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
My dream is to understand the world and set myself free by making movies