Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I am the first female hip hop artist from Iran. I have B.A. in textile design and currently a graduate student of Experimental Arts.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started filming to make a visual aid for my music, and it was very simple at first, but the more I experienced, the idea of communicating with images started to get as appealing as the poetry and rhythm was to me.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I recently try to deliver an idea through waking emotions in the audicen.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
It is always really experimental, and since I started as a virgin without any training in the field, I do not follow anything expect my heart.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use canon 5d when I can borrow it from school, but I also shoot with anything available from an iPhone to a point and shoot. Any image with any quality can turn into something one day.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
I understand that at this age of transition there are still some hesitation in accepting the new, we saw this happening in different practices in the last century. The same thing is happening with digital technology, and somehow it is still considered more sophisticated to shoot with “film” as a medium than digital cameras. This idea will too, die with the last representatives of it. Digital world has so much to offer and everyday something new happens. It is up to artist to find the best medium according to who he is and what he wants to do, and make the best use of it in his process of creation. At the end it is all about the artist, and all the other technologies are just tools.
7. How do you finance your films?
I consider myself an amateur when it comes to video, and I try to make my projects to be low budget, or preferably not cost money at all. Because it will come out all from my pocket.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
I am a good team worker if I am working on someone else’s projects, but when it comes to my own projects, I like to do them alone.
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Working individually would be my choice.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I am planning to keep experimenting, and I do not have a plan as a video maker yet since I consider myself a beginner.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF platform? Where?
List some links & resources