Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I’m a Photography student in Haddasah College in Jerusalem, since 2009. This is my fourth and last year in my B,A. Dagree.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started making films in my second year of studying. I find making movies an interesting and complex way of creating art.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Most of my films have a political concept, and it criticizes many of our post-industrial society, and or Israel’s political agenda.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
My films have a experimental documentary style, a style I try to develop, that transforms ordinary well-known information filming to a more diverse method of transforming information.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use digital cameras with interchangeable cameras, DSLR’s and mirrorless.
6. What are the chances of the digital video technologies for creating art using “moving images” generally, and for you personally?
I find digital video technologies as a wonderful tool for creating art. They produce excellent raw materials and they are available for practically everyone.
7. How do you finance your films?
My films are highly low-tech, and needs no finance.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I only experienced working as an individual film maker.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Bill Viola has a great influence on my work.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I plan to continue making my short films.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF platform? Where?
List some links & resources
this is my personal web-site. Under the label “video art” you can see selected works I have done in the past years.