Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
Munich Academy of fine Arts
Karlsruhe University of Arts and Design
2. When, how and why started you filming?
doing some kind of family documentation with our first VHS-C but was bored after some time.. then started again when i was discovering some more creative ways to use video. at this moment we organized some parties and did some visual light design with diaprojectors and televisions patched together.. in 2000 therefore shado sinfusion synkretistem was founded..
3.What kind of subjects have your films?
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
following some kind of feeling.. music..colours.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
apple powerbook G4, macbookpro, akai mpd24, matroxDualHead2go, canon EOS 400d, panasonic AVE5, panasonic WJ MX10, m-audio fastTrackPro, terratec cameoConvert, JVC GR DX100e DVcam (just as recorder.. )
diaprojectors, videoprojectors, monitors, turntables, harddisks, cabels and more cabels blabla…
and finally lots of software.. my favourite: modul8
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
doing video and films is now possible with a single computer.. even full hd can now be done on a mobile computer.. and with internet and always growing bandwith everyone can transmit his/her ideas..
7. How do you finance your films?
powered by mum!
sometimes jobs.. dust removing from digital intermediate, compositing, graphic design..
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
doing both.. it depends on job and team..
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
hmm.. difficult.. too much influences, too much media everywhere..
maybe hexstatic, andreas gursky, ottl aicher, john maeda, banksy, david lynch, rubik cube and many i don’t remember the name.. or don’t know how to spell it correctly..
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
plan: finishing my studies
dream: getting some money for living with work i can be proud of.. not getting in the daily sell-out-machine..