Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I was studying advertising in collage, and made some short films to entertain myself and other friends—the effect is not bad. So I decided to study film making in graduate institute…till now, I am a free film maker and also making some music .
2. When, how and why started you filming?
In the beginning is for fun. I made a fake documentary about a Anthropologist who found a new species of gorilla, and it became learning things that human taught it in testing , finally it get into evolution and join into human society…
I found filming could be a circuitous but also clear way to show your thinking and reflect people , so I was trying to make more works.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
My friends, my family, some social events happened or small events between us.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
My principle is: poverty always makes us have larger opportunity.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I didn’t use many post-producing skills on my work, only basic editing software. Sometimes I use some digital equipments like scanner to experiment the movement and metamorphosis of the images themselves.
6. The field of “art and moving images” (one may call it videoart or also differently) is is manifesting itself as an important position in contemporary art. Tell me more about your personal position and how you see the future of this field ( your personal future and the future of “art and moving images”)
Transmission is dead .The only reflective images in the future will be ourselves .
7. How do you finance your films?
My films usually don’t cost a lot, cause I know it hard to find a fund in such small and Non-market production, so I usually spent a little money to do my works. I had wrote several proposals for the grant from the government and I got it once.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work individually in most of time.I had joined into a filming team for two or three times. Both are good and I wish I can gather a team or group to get works done in the future.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Rainer Werner Fassbinder
10. What are your plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
Keep doing something. Make a better film and show it to my grandson.