Snel & Bannenberg
Dutch artitsts collaborative
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background.
NOK: Education completely disordered, life is the lesson, autodidact.
T: We, Theme Bannenberg & Nok Snel, are a Dutch female art couple. We are adventurers down to the bone. Where ever we roam the direct environment is the set for inspiration. The concept of T&NOK is opposite and spitting images. Our drive feeds on confrontation. The result is photography, objects, installations, paintings and since 2008, also videos.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
NOK: When I opened my eyes.
T: Producing videoart is writing a book. It unites word, image and sound. Since the digital age there’s no hold to it.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
NOK: What is not?
T: Nonsensical and sensible. All kind of things crosses your path. Every so often I stumble over My Muze NOK.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
NOK: No principles. Own style.
T: I love series. We act spontaneously. We are eachothers sounding board. That’s our strenght.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
NOK: I must think about that.
T: A photo and video camera, a PC and a variable music/video editing program will do the trick.
6. The field of “art and moving images” (one may call it videoart or also differently) is manifesting itself as an important position in contemporary art. Tell me more about your personal position and how you see the future of this field ( your personal future and the future of “art and moving images”)
NOK: Art and moving images is booming. I see a great market.
T: I’m not finished yet.
7. How do you finance your films?
NOK: If it should I drink water.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
NOK: I work with Theme.
T: NOK is a TEAM.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
NOK: Pride and beauty.
T: Former TV series such as Ivanhoe, Rawhide, Kapitein Zeppos, The Avengers.
10. What are your plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
NOK: To become.
T: A Happy End.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on CologneOFF or VideoChannel? Where?
T&NOK: Important Note; as soon as we showed a nipple we were banned from ordinary sites. On the network we are forced to devide our videoart in “neat or nude”.
ZEP K / ZAT K Video Journal: https://picasaweb.google.com/zepkzatk/ZEPKZATKVideoJournalSoundOn
ARTE Creative: http://creative.arte.tv/en/space/__NOK_T_ART/messages/