Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I live and work in Taipei ,New Taipei City and Tainan.
2010~ Tainan National University of the Arts, Doctor Program in Art Creation and Theory
2010 Graduate School of Arts and Technology, Taipei National University of the Arts, Taiwan
2005 B.F.A., Department of Fine Arts, Taipei National University of the Arts, Taiwan
2000 Fu-Hsin Trade and Arts School, Taiwan
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I major in oil painting and sculpture when I was a college school student. I like painting and animation, I hope have more different and special in my work. So I go to learn 3D in 2006. And when I study in Graduate School of Arts and Technology, I try to do video art and interactive art.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
My video almost about Taiwan‘s factory area subject, that is my grown up place. There are many stories in factory area,and each worker also has. I hope can say something to appreciate this place and people. And now I try to care farmer in my land.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
My video like a scroll and move pan. Like in cartoons,the senery of the background, it looks far away, but something must be happening in there. I think that place let me have many imagination. It is like that I use a magnifying glass to see some place which people maybe forget.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Canon camera and PC.
6. The field of “art and moving images” (one may call it videoart or also differently) is is manifesting itself as an important position in contemporary art. Tell me more about your personal position and how you see the future of this field ( your personal future and the future of “art and moving images”)
I think computer time is still not long enough, and will have many possible can try. Maybe we should let people try and use more in differently style and creativity. And I believe what can touch your heart that is art. no matter what media you used.
7. How do you finance your films?
By myself , and Government help.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I do video by myself. But I do interactive art with my friend. By myself will have more freedom. But I think work with other can learn more I never think before. Both I love.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Everything and many people influence on me. I like fancy. If must say someone, it will be my father, because he is a worker. His story let me have many edification.
10. What are your plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I hope my video can let people care their family and environment more.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on CologneOFF or VideoChannel? Where?
List some links & resources
My blog http://blog.yam.com/user/bibigo.html