topo – Leonardo R. Beltrán Navarro
1. Tell me something about your educational background
I studied Publicity in orden to be a communicator, but i have not stopped to draw since i finished college.
Like “illustrator”, “animator” and “communicator” i’ve being participating in several projects in a key moment for the chilean animated productions.
By now, i’m working with 3 friends at the BITLS group, producing projects linked to the creation of the visuals communications.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I still don’t film anything seriously, this it is my first VideoClip. I drew it completely.
3.What kind of subjects have your films?
About life and peoples, but with metaphors.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
At this time, i tried to make an animation with a video clip structure, with takes and scenes as if it were done with a video camera, editing and handling the time. I didn’t support me so much on the storyboard. Many takes were not used. In animation this usually doesn’t happen.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Basically my computer and some programs used by all.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
Infinite, the margins are in your head.
7. How do you finance your films?
With my salary.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
In this case i did almost everything, although to arrive to the deadline, some friends helped me with some drawings. The idea was clear from the beginning, so, to produce it, I transfered the idea to the paper and then give simple instructions to the people whereupon i worked.
9. 9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Video games, religious imaginary of many cultures and music.
10. 10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
Still I do not decide it.