Interview: 10 Questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I’ve learned at the Waldorf School in São Paulo. After that I’ve studied 2 years of Philosophy at the University of São Paulo and then I graduated in Contemporary Dance and Dance Management at the University Anhembi Morumbi, also in São Paulo. Nowadays I make courses as history of art, edition, and other artistic languages.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
When I was studying Contemporary Dance, because I had classes of Dance on Screen.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I always use the dance as the main language in my artfilms. The subject is normally related to micropolitical aspects of my life.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I am always looking for new methods. What I always do is at first to draw the images that I have in my mind, and then write about them, and finally to shot them.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I have a Panasonic Mini-DV Camcord, but I am changing for a Canon photo camera that makes film in HD.
6. The field of “art and moving images” (one may call it videoart or also differently) is representing an important counter position in contemporary art. Tell me more about your personal position and how you see the future of this field ( your personal future and the future of “art and moving images”)
In the contemporary world the idea of space has changed radically. With the online tools as messenger, facebook, twitter, there space has disappeared and there are only the idea of the time. That’s why to make dance nowadays became a really challenge for the dancers. Working with the videoart language make it possible for me to find out some new spaces for my dance.
7. How do you finance your films?
Independent. That means, I pay for doing it.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
Normally with a team.
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Working with a team can fulfill the knowledges that I don’t have.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I like a lot the movies of DV8.
10. What are your plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
To make everytime a better film.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on CologneOFF or VideoChannel? Where?