videomaker from Thailand
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
Wiracha Daochai is an art worker who lives and works in London. He was born in Bangkok, Thailand where he had worked as a writer, a lyric composer and a creative and content provider. Wiracha will be completing MA Performance Making at Department of Drama, Goldsmiths, University of London in 2010.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started filming when I was studying in London. I just would like to try another kind of media.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Subjects which deal with everyday-life activities, full of satirical humour and controversial aspects about race, politics and religion.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc? Going to see another VDOs in Art Galleries.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Normal digital camera.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
and you personally?
7. How do you finance your films?
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work by myself. Sometime I ask my girlfriend to hold the camera.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Apichatpong Virasethagool(Thai Director).
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
No. I live for present.