Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background.
I started with a graphic design education in Vienna, Austria, and then I did a Master degree in Media “Theory/Interface Design” at the Media Department at the University of Art and Design University in Linz, Austria.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started with photography and did several photo documentations before I started with my video experiments.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
In the last years, I did several timelaps photography and video experiments.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I don’t follow certain principles.
What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
and you personally?
Interactive nonlinear storytelling, live cinema.
6. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.. What about digital technology?
I mainly use pinhole cameras, super 8 and my Canon HG 20. Besides that, I use found footage material where I used 16mm or digital copies.
7. How do you finance your films?
Depending on the project and it’s budget I either finance them by myself or apply for fundings from state driven art and film funds.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
Depending on the project. For my video “Wild West Reloaded” I was cooperating with Jona Hoier (www.sofa23.net). For other projects, like “Solargrafica*Graz” or “Extension of Human Sight” I was working individual.
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Depends on the project and how tasks are / can be divided.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
New technologies, misuse of technology, media archaeology.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
Having the time to work on my projects. Continue collaborating with interesting people.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on VideoChannel/SFC? Where?
List some links & resources
List of festivals where my work was shown:
Ars Electronica Festival, Linz/Austria.
File ELECTRONIC LANGUAGE INTERNATIONAL Festival, Sao Paulo/Brazil.
SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles/USA.
Japan Media Arts Festival, Tokyo/Japan.
Digital Fringe, Melbourne/Australia.
IRAQI MEMORIAL, Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, Reno/NV, USA.
9th Int. Short Film Festival, Lille/France.
ILLUMINATORS, Airport Koltsovo, Yekaterinburg/Russia.
DISLOCATE08 – Festival for Art/Tech/Locality, Tokyo/Japan.