Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I was born in Lörrach, Southern Germany and studied art to get a teacher at the State Academy of Art Stuttgart and as a second subject studies in cross-media art.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I began to make videos and performances in 2008 when I startet to study cross-media art.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
My videos range from abstract studies to subjects like self-experience, love etc.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I get inspired from various things I see, from art to musicvideos, books etc. Therefore my style varies depending to the topic I´m interested in at that moment, it can be animated drawing or photographs, filmed material, digital changed material, collages.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use Mini-Dv Videocameras, my digital Photocamera,computer drawings or just pencils.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
and you personally?
New media gives a wide range of people the chance to create videos and films what leads to an interesting diversity in medial products from art to youtube films that show everything you can imagine in our days.
7. How do you finance your films?
I finance my films by working in different jobs and in future by beeing a teacher for arts.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Normally I work alone for beeing more flexible in decisions and time but I also would like to work in a group for getting more various ideas with more heads and inspiring discussions. Also you can ralize bigger projects in a group.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
By now, there are not lasting influences on my work, I´m inspired by different things coming my way, from cinema, art, theater, books, tv etc.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I hope I can afford my own equipment, now that I´m not a student anymore and hope to find always enough time to do my work in addition to my teaching.