from Santiago de Chile
Interview: 10 Questions
1.Tell me something about your life and the educational background.
Ok, i draw since i have memory, i study graphic design in the universidad tecnológica metropolitana here in Santiago de Chile, that was almost 10 years ago. And then i worked as a web developer and animator were life teach me some usefull things to do what i always wanted.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started to animate my drawings as soon as i had my first computer
3.What kind of subjects have your films?
I animate whatever is on my mind at the moment, most of my work are animated illustrations and some really short films or animatd loops ( really short)
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
There is a personal style behind my work( at least i think so), so i follow my own principles .. as im not thinking about showing it, i do what i want.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Just a regular pc, my right hand and a pen … and a wacom tablet … and a mouse.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
There are lots of chances i still don`t know, but i`m on my way to improve my work, anyway… the technical chances are infinities, but ,as they offer several “ready made” effects it tends to repetition and everything looks the same.
7. How do you finance your films?
I don`t finance my films, so have to work on them on my free time … in this case it was different thou … but.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work in team but not on my personal projects, in that cases i preffer to work alone so i can have total control!!
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Different kinds of works and animators … its hard to say, let`s say lots of great people.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
Be able to work on my personal projects without the need to work for other people just for money
11.Can works of yours viewed online besides on VideoChannel? Where?
List some links & resources
www.gnuzite.cl my personal website since 2003… there are my works… and more ( or less)