Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
Autonomy creative of digital tools, the reject of cinematographic forms, of tv propaganda and a certain despite before the impotence of the means of traditional political actions led me to experimental video in the year 2000. I have long sought what to call my work, I think that videography should be suitable for now.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I do not really think in terms of subjects but rather of aggregations. For example, CoDecs question the aesthetics of the digital images by the fact to compress and decompress video files with loss. They serve me also as tools to deconstruct image. Furthermore, the compression /decompression idea acts in the social area where employees are dismissed. In medicine, it results in impacts on the body, we can join also the geophysics with the tectonic plates et cetera … These are these echoed in the bosom of the aggregate that interests me.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Each film, according explored objects, the method of shooting, rendering support, requires new forms and relevant. All my films are dissimilar.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use..
I try to play with all the appliances available. I especially use of tools (cameras, software, algorithms, compression system …) which are not specifically dedicated to filmmaking. In other case, I like to short-circuit, on the mode of sampling or ready-made, image sequences derived exclusively from the information flow (tv, internet, genre documentary…).
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
and you personally?
Making public and put up a resistance.
7. How do you finance your films?
Artist low-tech and precarius, I can adapt myself to contingencies of production. Till now, I have always self produced my films. But this is not a rule in itself.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I am a solitary author. But I sometimes collaborate with musicians and poets. In this case, a total freedom is given to each participant. These meetings are closer to performance.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Georges Lucas (I, II, III), Joseph Beuys (Coyote, I like America and America likes me) and Laetitia Bourgeois (a philosoper of resistance in Marseille).
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
An artist residence in the international space station to film in vain.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on VideoChannel? Where?