Italian video maker
Interview: 10 questions
1.Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I was born in Italy, in a small town (Teramo) of a small, mountainous region. I lived in Perugia and Madrid. Actually, I live and work in Rome. I’m poor because making art for real is an hard, unlikely life. Make art as marketing, it’s more easy and gainful, but… where is art in the business?
My university studies and degree is not my educational background. My background are the cities, the people, the thoughts of the cities, the roads of the people.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
At 8-9 years old, with an hi8 camera, to film everything. I don’t know because I filming yet, when I’ll find it, I suppose can stop it.
3.What kind of subjects have your films?
My memories, people memories, pictures memories, objects memories.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Every film is a different world. I like to find different principles, different rules. I like to work manually on old films, and dissect the vision body rules.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Actually, I use a 1080i hd camera (canon xh-a1) to shoot, and Avid to edit. Also I use old videocameras, handycams, old technologies. I love to mix different types of pictures. I’m very interested on images decay processes and loss of quality as an artistic method.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
Great chances, we only have to use new media at the opposite of their “normal” use. Only distorted media can be a not banal massage media.
7. How do you finance your films?
With my few money.
Actually, I’m looking for some artistic programs or residencies. Do you know something?
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Usually, I work individually. But I like to work with others. Alone, it’s very difficult make something good.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
All I do not see yet.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
In the details, a work about Bosnia-Herzegovina people and countries. In general, I hope I’ll can to continue making films and be a film/video maker all my life.