German film maker
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I am 28 and student of the School of Art and Design Kassel since 2004. I will graduate in 2010.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started filming when I was about 12 Years old. I made films with action figures like gozilla and batman.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Most of my films are about failure in some way. A new subject is pretence.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I don´t think so.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
In my last two films I used the mini35 Image Converter and a HDV Camera. I like the style but it comes along with many problems.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
and you personally?
I think there are many chances for the development of film in new media. I think there will be many new hybrid forms.
7. How do you finance your films?
The last two films I did with the support of the german federal film board, my next film will be financed by the Hessian film fund.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I did a lot of animation in the past and I did that mostly by my self. In life action films this is not possible. In a team you have to make a lot more discussion and compromises, which can be very exhausting, but you get a lot of good ideas and feedback as well.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I can´t tell
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I will do my graduation film next year and then I hope I can continue making films with earning enough money to survive.