film maker from India
Interview: 10 questions
1.Tell me something about your life and the educational background.
I am from Orissa it belongs to the eastern Part Of India. It’s a beautiful place surrounded by foresta and hills.I have done my Engineering from Orissa.
I was working with a Software Firm in Hyderabad as a Software Engineer.After his brief stay there I decided move to Mumbai to pursue my interest in the world of media.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
When well I started three years ago Hwn I first came to Mumbai I Joined Zee institute of Media arts a Filmmaking School In Mumbai after that I joined Code Red Films,an established ad film production house in Mumbai.
Why because I always loved the world you become part of when you see a film.You automatically get transported to that fictional world like harry potter.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I have made four films. The first two were student films one short film another a 3 D animation film which was about nature’s romance.
The last two films were self financed projects one of which dealt with adolescent education. I have just finished shooting for my fourth film.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I like my stories to grow organically.more character driven where the protagonists decisions moves the story forward.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I think techniques follow the story and depending upon your script treatment follows.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
I think with time the media is getting to grow bigger and better.
7.How do you finance your films?
The last two films have been self financed.i try to save n then workout a budget for the same.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I liked to work as a team as I believe as a team you get so many inputs which finally shows in the film.i have always worked as a team
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Filmmaking is the most exciting thing as it involves a process of creation.From writing the first draft to eagerly awaiting people response after previewing the film..
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
To be able to make films and to be able to transport my audience to my worlds filled with hope,dreams and happiness.