Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I live in the city of Toruń; I teach English for a living; my greatest passion is making music.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started making films last year in order to illustrate my music; so they aren’t actual films, they are just videoclips;
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
The way that Death, Fear, Violence are presented in contemporary media.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I mainly pay attention to film editing which is, in my opinion, the crucial component of entire process of film- making.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use a low-fi digi-cam, and simple software for post- production.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
and you personally?
New Media chances for the video are immense, that is obvious I think; the world has become digitalized in the last 10 years, if we like it or not; the good point of it is that art-making is no longer exclusive, the disadvantage is that everything is dispersed within the infinity; the relevant example is youtube, where we can find such valuable things as Ligeti’s works right beside absolute crap done by nitwits from neighbourhood…
I still think in that old fashioned manner, and it is really hard for me to accept the overwhelming virtuality of the surrounding world… thanks to New Media I can spread my music/video through the Net, but I am still looking for a ‘hardware’ label to publish my album as a ‘hardware’ CD… well, maybe I should not…
7. How do you finance your films?
My films are zero- budget.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work individually.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I’m a big cinema lover, and I’m fascinated by a lot of different film directors (Borowczyk, Jodorowski, Syberberg, Tarkowski, Kobayashi and many, many more) but I don’t think they have any direct influence on my own work.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I don’t have any plans, I just want to make some videos for my music from time to time.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on VideoChannel? Where?
List some links & resources
They are available on my youtube profile: