aka luxi lu
[((d=_=b))]DVina invasione produzioni
Interview : 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
Born in Italy in the early eighties.
After having wandered many roads, I came to the conclusion that our world and species are not totally terrestrial.
My studies have been the observation and the analysis of what I see and I feel.
The screen is the means, time machine, memory recorder and sensorial vehicle leading to the access to other levels. Sometimes I use it in real time on music for vjing.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
When I learned to wacht I started to record
and when I started to record was when I needed to talk.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I like to show what is hidden, like a world window
and what the human mind is, and whence and how it comes to being.
I’m interested in society’s, psyche’s and nature’s complex and sensorial balance.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Observation and idea set on the timeline to reach the immediacy of the meaning, according to the subject I’m working on.
Music and emotion change in time according to the sensorial stimulus to his effect.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use technological eyes and diverse tecniques depending on what I need to assemble what I record and produce with my computer.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
and you personally?
They run after the real representation and try to go beyond it, dragging it.
7. How do you finance your films?
DVina invasione productions, a project I started.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I start working by myself, but it happens to create a team to amplify, improve the project and to try to arrange what I exaggerately try to product.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
The masters of cinema, the most visionary visual arts, my life and what surrounds me, history, fantasy, science. Underground trails, accompanied by loud music, immersion in nature’s and its fruits’ power, melting together alchemy and dreams.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
Persevering with Cinema and arriving to Film, keeping my cultural research for Cronosfera Festival and for its video contest Visioni dal Futuro (Visions from the Future) that I created and carried out with Alfavì, cultural association for arts and sciences, in june 2008.