video artist from Japan
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I trained intensely in classical ballet and contemporary dance for 20 years, and I had experience working with some professional dance companies,and performed in many different venues in Tokyo, New York.
i was not related in the films at all..!
2. When, how and why started you filming?
i worked with one video artist as a model and its influenced on me.
and i have been developing my own mix of media and performance pieces since 2005.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Every films are on the subject of my emotion.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
The footage is very important for me, and no need complicated effect.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Nothing special. I only use a video camera and Mac.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
Its some kind of brainstorming.
7. How do you finance your films?
From my pocket.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work individually, direct/produce/scenario/act/edit….i do everything by myself. Thats my concept to make film.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Jeff Gompertz (www.fakeshop.com)
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
i have been thinking about making “chain video”
its something like a ‘video blog’ .
i upload on the original video and people can leave and add their video
instead of a comment or thread on the site, but it has to connect with the original video.3rd,4th,,,videos has to follow the line..
well..just one of my idea..