video artist from Bonia-Herzegovina
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I was born in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Hercegovina), in 1981.
I have finished Academy of arts in Banja Luka (department for graphic), and postgraduate study on University of arts in Beograd (department for art and media theory).
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I wonted to see how my knowledge in paintings and graphic could be use in film media. I started in 2006.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
I like to use topic from literature, a special from Russian writer Danil Harms…
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
First, I chose the story, than I draw storyboard, than I collect crew, and than, I am looking for many.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Usually, I am shutting in mini DV format, and editing on my own computer.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
Film can be more accessible for all.
7. How do you finance your films?
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I usually ask for opinion many different people. I am trying to discuss with everyone who is include in the project.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
From the world of movie: Lars von Trier, Kjeslovski, Makavejev, Pavlovic, Pazolini…
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
To make better movie.