video artist from Bosnia-Herzegovina
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background?
I was born 1982 in Vares (Bosnia & Herzegovina); I graduated painting at the Academy of Arts in Banjaluka 2005 (Bosnia & Herzegovina). Now I am finishing Postgraduate studies on Group of Multimedia arts and Group of Theory of art and media at the University of Arts in Belgrade. I live and work in Belgrade (Serbia).
2. When, how and why did you started filming?
I realized my first film with Kino Club of the Students Cultural Centre in Belgrade 2006. Second movie I realized at the University of Arts in Belgrade. During my postgraduate studies I have learned and developed my interest and knowledge about history, theory and practice of film.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Different, it’s depending heavily on my moods, knowledge, interests and current occupations. My films have experimental character, mostly, for now my works focus on universal human experiences-birth, death, collective memories etc.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I have always worked out recording plan, but in working process I’m simply following my intuition.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I use technology from Kino Club SKC, mostly mini DV. For some project I rent HD technology.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
New media are unavoidable future of film/video and everything other.
7. How do you finance your films?
I finance my movie independent, or with help from government and others.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I have experience in both, but I prefer working in a group, because people more energy dedicate working together on one idea, project, and it is great when all enjoy and everybody find some own satisfaction.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Artist and directors which I mostly like are Stanley Kubrick, Ingmar Bergman, Alfred Hitchcock, Jim Jarmusch, Makavejev, Bill Viola, Marina Abramovic, Yoko Ono, etc., but I trying to build my own style and express my own vision.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I wish to realize good and quality works and achieve good communication with chosen audience. I hope that I will contribute to some new, interesting vision and possibility by this branch.
*Can works of yours viewed online besides on Video Channel? Where?
List some links & resources
Soon on my official personal web page www.andjelicdragana.com