videomaker from Kosovo
Stay Strong, 2014, 00:01:30, 2014
is participating in – artvideoKOELN – audiovisual experiences 01
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
Hi, I am Kushtrim Zeqiri born in 1988, from Gjilan(near to Prishtina) visual artist from Kosovo, I have finished Master degree in branch of sculpture in Faculty of Art in Prishtina-Kosovo 2014!
2. When, how and why started you filming?
Through my studies I always was curious to try myself in different mediums and my first try was in bachelor studies in 2008, simple I like to film, and filming for me is a medium that gave to me more opportunity to express myself !
3. What kinds of topics have your films?
Different kind of topics, like philosophical, social, interactive etc
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
I prefer to make videos with images frame by frame but it is not important at all, primary for me is a better idea that I mean that the better way is to film it!
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
In the beginning I started with simple digital camera, and now I have create contacts with some stage managers that we works on my videos, I just have to focus myself on ideas!
6. These days digital technology is dominating also video as a medium. In which way the digital aspect is entering the creation of your videos, technologically and/or conceptually?
Both sides and prefer with aesthetics!
7. How do you finance your films?
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
In conceptual way I usually work individually as a video artist, and through filming I have not exclude possibility of ideas(conceptually or technologically) from others that fill my film!
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
The last influence was politics and bad situations on my country!
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
To express myself as much as possible in medium of video
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF/artvideoKOELN platform? Where?
List some links & resources