videomaker from Thailand
To Face, 2014, 5:55
@ artvideoKOELN – audiovidual experiences 01
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
– I was Born in Bangkok in 1981. GraduateD BA in fine art photography at Rangsit University, Bangkok and MA in fine art at the Faculty of Painting, Sculpture and Graphic Arts at Silpakorn University.
2. When, how and why started your filming?
– I started my filming in 2013. It ‘s a topic in MFA at Silpakorn University. It was experimental media which drove me to produce my Video art. It happened that I came across an injured pigeon which was about to die. Therefore, I took its motion in video to grasp its struggling for life. I turned it to be my project for presentation of experimental media.
3. What kinds of topics have your films?
– There are History of Politic, Unfairness and Power.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
– From time to time I picked them from my own interest then I though of the device of creation to convey my imagination through moving images to public.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
– I Used DSLR camera to make my film which I think it’s convenient for my working style.
6. These days digital technology is dominating also video as a medium. In which way the digital aspect is entering the creation of your videos, technologically and/or conceptually?
– The development of digital technology is superb that facilitates all working aspects and also reduces work process, however all in all it should respond our objectives.
7. How do you finance your films?
– From the beginning until now I only spend my own budget which is very minimal.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
– I have experience in both ways. It depends on the project to launch to cover requirements.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Prof. Sakarin Krue-on. He is a Thai Artist and my professor. His advice, opinion and comment always inspire me.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF/artvideoKOELN platform? Where?
– I intend to issue my creative idea consecutively to public concerning my thought, my visual and also to implement new platform to share new experience of moving images to others. Every is welcome to visit my websites.