Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I am Egyptian moved to Europe recently and living now in Zagreb, I studied engineering and after 15 years I managed to do my masters in documentary film making. Now I started my own YouTube channel Unqiue which you can find under the name uniquemeansfarid through which I use my film making skills.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I started when my father bought a video camera I was around 20 years old and I made a film about my family out of joking.
3. What kinds of topics have your films?
My films are usually having a philosophical aspect and meditating and questioning something in life.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
When I have the idea I start researching it and then find a character and start working from there.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I am using Nikon D5200 and zoom H4N I also like to use phone cameras.
6. These days digital technology is dominating also video as a medium. In which way the digital aspect is entering the creation of your videos, technologically and/or conceptually?
I am working on using as small and light equipment as possible.
7. How do you finance your films?
I get funds from certain organizations or moslty I finance it by myself with around 0 budget.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
Usually individually but in one film I had a cinematogrpaher.
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I only make films
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I would love to make a film about the big picture of life and gather the questions and answers about our assistance .