Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I’ve born in Montevideo, Uruguay in 1971, in 1990 began the school of architecture and Arts. I’ve get my degree in arts in 1997 and in 1999 moved to Brazil
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I’ve started to film in the teenage doing home movies with my friends, with a sony handy cam borrowed from my cousin. In 2009 i’ve started to do stopmotionn video art and began to participate in art prizes and festivals.
3. What kinds of topics have your films?
I think my work seems to be about the humam condition, as an artist, person, consumer. I try to point to the obvious with a sarcastic sense of humor
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
There’s an idea and there are few thing to get to ideia get alive. I don’t know if I am in certain style. I do my films taking out all that is not necessary to the film happens and would distract from what the film is about. I try to use the minumum of edition and effects.
I think we live in a world hiper-loaded with images, so I try in my films to get the atention of the public by: them asking how it has done, making them laught, they have details that make necessary to get clouse or see it again, put some tension by showing something that might look like that nothing is happend…
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
I got a Canon T3i ana a windows notebook
6. These days digital technology is dominating also video as a medium. In which way the digital aspect is entering the creation of your videos, technologically and/or conceptually?
I don’t have a romantic or hungry approach about technology. Digital is easer and faster. I think that there are tools that make the idea get alive and that you can do by your self, like Arduino or Processing. By the other hand this tools help to have the idea.
7. How do you finance your films?
By working hard.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Individually. It’s dificult to me explain to somebody something that I even know what is about.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I like Jan Svankmajer
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I work by impulse, when Ithink that this kind of idea must be executed, and I will not sleep untill is finish, so my dream is to have more impulses and ideias, and time to realise them, so I can sleep.
Can works of yours viewed online besides on the CologneOFF platform? Where?
List some links & resources