Alberto Magrin (Italy)
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
Alberto Magrin was born on Dec 29th 1970 in Rapallo (Genoa-Italy).
He studied architecture at Genoa University.
He won a study grant with the sculptor Arnaldo Pomodoro at Urbino University and later began a theatrical experience. He received the prize Libertas for visual art and literature from Honorable Ferri, Member of the European Parliament near Italian Academy “Gli Etruschi” and in Turin collaborated to the foundation of the Scientific Association Gustavo Adolf Rol with the aim to demonstrate the victory of the man over the time through the individual attitude of the spirit. In the meantime he has been awarded with the title of Associated Academic of Verbano by the International Academy Greci-Marino for the letters, arts and sciences.
He founds the Cultural Association of Digital Art “Onda”. 2007 International Prize of Literature and Poetry “New Letters” by Italian Institute of Culture in Naples.With a series of donations he made a proper world net of gallery denominated by him self “Magreen Gallery” which is a work of art, are really located in a public situation in which case eliminate every source of gesture and control in there personal work.
Prevision and symbol of “eternal nothingness” of this project which represents the falling and the rebirth of the modern era. The art-works involved are at the moment present in permanent collection the most important in the world:
The British Museum London, Museo Nacional del Prado Madrid, RijKsmuseum Amsterdam, Carnegie Museum of Art Pittsburgh, Stiftung Museum Kunst Palast Dusseldorf, Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden, Musée des Beaux Arts de Lyon, Galleria Civica di Arte Contemporanea Trento, The State Hermitage Museum St.Petersburg, etc.
He lives and works between Rapallo, Godiasco and S.Maria Coghinas (Italy).
2. When, how and why started you filming?
In 2007 after the vision.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
A love story among a king and a queen.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
It’s always a performance been born by the improvisation of the protagonists.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
To be sights anywhere.
7. How do you finance your films?
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I don’t have rules and preferences for as to work.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
I don’t have external influences, only inside.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I don’t have future projects, my artworks arrive when they want them.