Daniel Tésy (Hungary)
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I am 26 years old and I study in a Hungarian Fine Arts University,(Intermediate departament)
2. When, how and why started you filming?
In high school, in 2000, which was a Fine Arts School as well.
For that i started filming, because i think is the best way to except something from the real.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
Dániel Tésy’s Abolishing Attempt 01-074 video series draws attention on everyday situations with which every human being sooner or later encounters: accidents, smaller or bigger psychic tensions and death; although they do not come up in the news, these situations are more shocking and unmanageable than for instance a terror-attack is, because of the personal and direct aspects.
Everything depends on the social and mental circumstances: how hard one breaks down, how he can live with the given circumstances, how he can live with the fact that a member of the family or a friend died, is dead and gone.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
No, or sometimes I smoke a big fat one.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Basic mini DV camera, and masking-tape for standing.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
I don t really understand, what you mean by chances. Do you mean what the chances of me releasing new material are?
7. How do you finance your films?
Usually from financial aid such as sponsorships and bursaries
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team? if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I prefer the individual work.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
My weekdays, and my nights.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I would like to travel the globe.