video artist from Taiwan
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
I live in Taiwan. And study in National Taiwan University of Arts .
2. When, how and why started you filming?
I have interest in reading Magic-Realist fiction. And I found my idea can be present on video works.
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
An abandoned garden, toys, and lost memory.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Future all will become past.
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
A video camera, and Non-Linear Editing System.
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general and you personally?
We can show it on the TV, upload to the web site, or play it on outdoor screen, to interact with our life.
7. How do you finance your films?
The source of finance is my savings.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I work individually as video art maker. And I’m glad to have a chance to organize a team, That way, there will many different ideas can be develop.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
Fictions and Movies. And I appreciate Taiwan artist Chen Chieh-Jen’s work.
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I would like to be a Film maker.