Call for entries
Deadline: 2 March 2015
artvideoKOELN – audio-visual experience 01
16 May Cologne
artvideoKOELN organising the past 10 years the 10 festival editions of Cologne International Videoart Festival – becomes now an event structure of itsown.
For the first event to take place on 16 May 2015, artvideoKOELN international would like to invite artists working with “moving images” to participate and submit their latest, best and most exciting creations.
artvideoKOELN international is
– looking for art works using video as a medium in all its variety, but for submitting only single channel videos are eligible, a hybrid type of work which can be used for different presentation forms like screening, projection and installation.
– expecting new and experimental artistic approaches in transforming essential issues of human existence into the language of the “moving images”.
More details and entry form on
Call for entries
Deadline: 1 July 2015
SFC Shoah Film Collection is looking for new contributions in order to continue the success story which started 5 years ago on 27 January 2010 – the International Holocaust Memorial Day – commemorating the 65th liberation of the Concentration Camp of Auschwitz, when this unique media art and peace initiative was laucnhed in the context of “Draft Title: Shoah” and “A Virtual Memorial Foundation”
Since then each year, on 27 January, Shoah Film Collection is releasing traditionally its new call for the coming year – so also this year, on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 – deadline 1 July 2015.
More details and entry form
Released on netEX – networked experince
Call for proposals
Deadline 4 May 2015
A Virtual Memorial Foundation
SoundLAB – sonic art project environments
are happy to launch a common project online
Collective Trauma, Identity and soundArt
looking for soundart pieces dealing with collective trauma.
Continue reading “call: soundCOLLECTIVE 2015”
VIP – VideoChannel Interview Project
Dear artist /director
as a participant in VideoChannel, CologneOFF and associated festivals and VAD – Video Art Database you are invited to do an interview and answer 10 questions.
Its purpose is to personalize information and give the audience important background information.
Please cut & paste following questions
1. Tell me something about your life and the educational background
2. When, how and why started you filming?
3. What kind of subjects have your films?
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
6. The field of “art and moving images” (one may call it videoart or also differently) is is manifesting itself as an important position in contemporary art. Tell me more about your personal position and how you see the future of this field ( your personal future and the future of “art and moving images”)
7. How do you finance your films?
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
if you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
10. What are your plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
Can works of yours viewed online besides on CologneOFF or VideoChannel? Where?
List some links & resources
Please send the answers of the interview as plain email text, RTF (Rich Text File format) or WORD (.doc) . If you send the interview as an attachment in one of these file formats, please rename the file like that [VIP_your_name]
Please send your answers to artvideokoeln (at) gmail.com
subject: VIP interview
Thanks in advance,
Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
director of artvideoKOELN international
le Musee di-visioniste
the new museum of networked art